Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Q's Emmy Tux Search

The Search for an Emmy Tux

My wife is nominated for an Emmy and I have been putting off buying a tux for weeks now. I finally decided with less than two weeks to go, that I should go out and search.
There are two favorite secret shops for finding Men's Clothes at 1/2 half price or less.
One is more of a crap shoot than the other place.
It's A Wrap is the main Hollywood secret. It's A Wrap used to be ridiculously expensive because they were trying to sell you on the Chic factor of buying used "Celebrity" clothes. They finally realized that the Used clothes market is larger than the "Celebrity" market and the prices have dropped to appeal to bargain used shoppers.



Check the Tux I found after nearly two hours of looking and trying on clothes.
The truth is I went to their new location in Los Angeles, south of Beverly Hills. I found this gem (see photos).




This is the same Christian Dior Tux.


Now, for the REAL TIP of the Day. My favorite place ( I really shouldn't give this away) is Armani Wells. Claudia loves, Men's fashion and she only deals in High End labels (I'm a Label W**re) normally. The prices might surprise you but when you realize you are buying a real Dolce & Gabanna with the label still attached at 1/3 to 1/4 the price hey, that's a deal.




The above suits were Dolce Gabbana, and Versace2, .

Which do you like? I like the D&G even though it's not actually a Tux but a suit.

If you go See Claudia tell her that Q sent you. She is very well known and I when I was there a very famous National Newscaster for one of the Big Three networks dropped by to say hi and ended up buying a couple of jackets. He bragged about how many compliments he got on one of the other jackets he bought there. He wore it so much that he wore it out. Now that's an endorsement.

Now Go Buy, Buy, Buy!

Which is your favorite?



No comments:

Post a Comment