Thursday, September 3, 2009

Tux Redux

The TUX Part 2

The Problem: I need some room in the Tux that I just purchased so I decided to try a trick I learned in the film business.

The Trick:
Like most Black men I am built larger in the legs, butt, and waist. I need more room in the gluteous maximus area. There is not enough fabric leftover in the pants to expand therefore I will need a gusset. That trick requires effort and shopping on my part.

The Shopping detail:

I needed to get fabric for this to work, so I turned to Joann's Fabric store.


It's a little strange going into this Fabric store alone without any female help, but I figure I will show my sample to a clerk and we'll see what happens from there.

The clerk pointed me in the direction of the types of fabric I need.
She was a little helpful but abandoned me to make the choice on my own.



I rubbed all the material between my fingers, because I was taught by Mom that you can tell how well made the material is by feeling it.
My purpose: is to buy fabric for a gusset.

I threw down the garment and said yo, cut me some fabric.

I almost purchased the minimum, but decided on a 1/3 of a yard.
Wow this is a first for me but I am digging this whole process.
I hope my idea works .
Stay tuned as I take my Tux to the tailor for alterations and cleaning.
Will the pants fit?
Can the Tailor do what I request?
Will it look cheap?

No comments:

Post a Comment